White Room / Edition of 9

The Tarr and Wonson Paint Factory was constructed in 1874 and was closed over 100 years later in the 1980s. It has become a symbol of the struggling fishing industry of Gloucester.  Taken before the building was partially demolished and then renovated, this image launched the “Breadth of View” series with its alluring abandoned emptiness, looking out onto an ocean that claimed the lives of over 10,000 Gloucester fishermen.